What is the TOEFL Test?
The TOEFL test measures the ability of non-native English speakers to use and understand English as it is read, written, heard and spoken in the university classroom.
If you want to study at an English-speaking university or program, no other test can get you to as many destinations around the world as the TOEFL test.
- Test Format :
In most test centers worldwide, you’ll take the TOEFL test on a computer. However, the TOEFL test is administered as a paper-based test (revised TOEFL Paper-delivered Test) in a few places where testing via the internet is not available.
- Sections :
The TOEFL test measures all four English-language skills. It takes about four hours.
|Section||Time Limit||No. of Questions||Overview|
|Reading||60—80 minutes||36—56 questions||Read passages, then respond to questions|
|Listening||60—90 minutes||34—51 questions||Listen to lectures or a classroom discussion, then respond to questions|
|BREAK||Relax for 10 minutes|
|Speaking||20 minutes||6 tasks||Speak into a microphone about familiar topics and discuss material you read about and listened to|
|Writing||50 minutes||2 tasks||Read a passage, listen to a recording and then type your written response|
- About TOEFL Scores:
- Score requirements are set by individual colleges and universities.
- You will receive a score from 0 to 30 for each section and a total score of 0 to 120 for the entire test.
- Scores are valid for 2 years after your test date.
- You can try for a better score as many times as you would like—there are unlimited retakes. (You just cannot take the test more than once in a 12-day period.)
- TOEFL Preparation Course length and Fees :
|36 hours||300 TND|